Surftrips are usually a bit easier when 2 girls are traveling by themselves. Everybody wants to help because to help, because they just think you need help. Everybody is proud to tell you where the good spots (or their homespots) are, telling you when to head in and where exactly.
They sometimes invite you to enjoy a BBQ at their home. It’s really not just about sexual opportunities. It just arises interest, that’s why it’s often the older people that invite you. They are often interested in what 2 Swiss girls are doing in their country, where they have been and where we they are heading to. And how it is possible to surf on a moderate level when coming from a landlocked country.
When you get invited to sleep over in their guest room, there are a couple of rules you should obtain:
- Always except invitations, but show that you really are thankful
- If you get invited to dinner, bring something with you – even if it is just a small Greek salad
- If they invite you to use their guest room / bed try to stay packed as small as possible, and of course as clean as possible – leave the room as you got it and ask if you should put the blankets in the washing machine
- Don’t forget to (at least) show interested in your hosts life
- Sounds stupid BUT if you break something like a glass or whatever, replace it as soon as possible!
- Usually don’t stay longer than two nights
- Leave them a bottle of red wine even if it’s a cheap one
Advices that might help on a girls surftrip
- If two girls stay longer together for more than a couple of days, you just will have a big argument. If you are not happy with something, tell the other one as soon as possible what’s the matter. The not-saying-anything-it-will-get-better-for-sure method is not working out, for sure!
- One of the two will have a higher hygienic standard, just respect it, this isn’t going to be anything you can change
- Same rule as in a guest room. Keep your stuff together! It’s a girls thing, we just have a lot of stuff we need. It is not getting better if you spread your stuff over the whole car. It just isn’t.
- If all those things don’t help and you really get in a huge argument, just go surfing! Let things settle and try to handle it without too much emotions.
- Don’t fight about men – they are just not worth it
- If the police or the landowner knocks on your door, just open the door with a huge smile and a big sorry. And leave the parking lot fast but clean.
Dont get the wrong idea, girltrips are amazing! Go surfing!